SOLE LUNA DOC FILM FESTIVAL 2020 – 15th EDITION
SELECTION OF THE FILMS IN COMPETITION
a) A selection committee that considers the content and artistic value of the works as well as the hours of screening in the Festival program unquestionably decides the admission to the competition. Works without sufficient technical qualities, those with advertising or promotional purposes and those that do not correspond to the Festival theme can be excluded from the competition. The Festival reserves the right to accept other works to screen out of competition, regardless of the content and the year of production, and to invite other works to participate in the competition.
b) Only films produced after 1stJanuary 2018 can enter the competition.
c) The request to enter the competition must be submitted on the official form available on the website https://www.solelunadoc.org
d) The call for applications opens on December 1st 2019 and closes on March 15th 2020.
e) By May 15th 2020 the festival will communicate the films selected for the categories in the competition.
f) Projection copies in high definition must be sent to the registered office at:
Sole Luna Festival – via Paolo Emilio 7, 145 00192 Rome, Italy.
It is necessary to write on the envelope: “For cultural purposes – without commercial value”.
g) The directors, producers, or other rights holders of the works admitted to the Festival, whether in or out competition, authorize the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival to:
- air on national and international television networks and on the internet (Youtube, Vimeo and the like) extracts of maximum 3 minutes for each work, exclusively for the promotion of the Festival;
- keep a digital copy of the works in its archive and make a trailer or an excerpt of maximum 3 minutes for each work available on the Festival web portal;
- use the copy of the film for the purpose of studying, preserving and disseminating the knowledge of the cinema, without making any profit;
- organize public screenings, in Italy and abroad, for the promotion of the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival, always and in any case without any profit aim. The Festival reserves the right to put its logo on and to subtitle video extracts of the works.
h) The directors, producers, or other rights holders authorize the publication of their data on the website: www.ffdl.it and on the catalogue of the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival and the sharing of their information with press organizations for promotional purposes, as well as their registration to the Festival mailing list according to current legal guidelines.
i) Disclosure: pursuant to and for the purposes of DGL 196/2003 on the processing of personal data we inform you that your data will be treated in full compliance of the law and will not be disclosed or communicated to third parties. By communicating your email address you consent the processing of your personal data by outsiders for the sole purpose of receiving information relating to the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival and its initiatives.
l) The submission of the works to Sole Luna Doc Film Festival is free and implies the complete acceptance of the rules contained in these Regulations.
HOW TO ENTER THE FILMS
- The deadline to fill in the entry form is March 15th, 2020. Submissions are free.
- the entry form must contain a link to watch the film, which can be downloaded for the festival archive.
- the film must be in English or with English subtitles, even if it is an Italian production.
The winners of the “Sole Luna Festival” should mention the award obtained in the credits of their film and in all the relevant documentation.
The subscriber declares that all the submitted information is true and, in case of selection, allows its use for promotional and communication purposes related to the Festival (catalogue, web site, press releases, etc.). By entering the Festival, each individual filmmaker or producer is responsible for the content of his work and explicitly grants an authorisation for the use of musical and visual material submitted, for the use on television news, television broadcasts and in all promotion and communication activities related to the Festival and exclusively for non-profit purposes. Authors, producers, and distributors who submit their films also authorize the festival to screen these films in schools for educational purposes.
All participants, just by sending an entry to the Festival, fully accept these rules, which are integral part of the entry form and are subscribed together with the same.
In case of any legal controversy the competent court will be the Justice Court of Rome: “Tribunale di Roma”.
All personal information will be treated in respect of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent modifications and integrations.
Please read the rules before filling in the entry form