The Association “Sole Luna – A bridge between cultures”
The Association aims to give life to friendly relationships and cultural exchanges between people. In order to fulfil this purpose, it addresses its activities to young generations. Thinking about mutual knowledge as a natural bridge linking positive values, the association plans its projects taking inspiration from different artistic expressions. Music, cinema, dance, painting, architecture and science have turned into means for a deeper knowledge of the “other”. A particular attention is given to the audiovisual channel, which is an instrument able to show both the near and the far world to the widest and most heterogeneous audience.
The main activity of the association is Sole Luna Doc Film Festival which is going to celebrate its 18th anniversary in 2023.
During the past seventeen years the festival grew up and made a name for itself thanks to its showcases that have revealed new talents and promoted independent cinema, but also thanks to the several collateral activities of the Festival that have developed new dialogues between many communities.
– ARCHIVE OF 8000 DOCUMENTARIES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
– 100,000 SPECTATORS
– TRAINING COURSE FOR 60 FILMMAKERS IN NORTH AFRICA
– TRAINING COURSE FOR 40 FILMMAKERS FROM ITALIAN UNIVERSITIES
– 7 VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
– 18 SCHOOLS / UNIVERSITIES INVOLVED
– 5 PROFESSIONISTS INTRODUCED AND GOT HIRED BY ITALIAN COMPANIES
– THE VOLUNTEERS OF THE FESTIVAL HAVE ACQUIRED NEW SKILLS WORKING AS AS SUBTITLERS, PRESS AGENTS, EDITORS AND ORGANIZERS GIVING LIFE TO NEW STARTUPS.
OBJECTIVES FOR 2023
– ATTRACT INVESTORS THROUGH VIRAL COMMUNICATION FOR SMALL PRODUCTIONS SUCH AS THE PRIZES OF THE FESTIVAL
– CREATE A DATABASE OF VIDEO CLIPS ON MULTICULTURALISM PRODUCED BY STUDENTS UNDER 20 YEARS OLD USING A SMARTPHONE
– CREATE AN ARCHIVE ALWAYS CONSULTABLE ON-LINE
– STIMULATE YOUNG FILMMAKER’ SOCIAL COMMITMENT
– ENHANCE THE SPONTANEOUS COMMITMENT OF THE SCHOOLS IN THE AREAS INVOLVED
– PROMOTE STARTUPS
– COMPLETE THE GREEN FESTIVAL PROTOCOL