SOLE LUNA DOC FILM FESTIVAL 2023 – 18th EDITION
a) A selection committee that considers the content and artistic value of the works as well as the total number of screening hours in the Festival programme decides which works will be admitted for competition. The committee’s decisions are final and unequivocal. Works without sufficient technical quality, those of a primarily promotional nature, and those that fall outside the festival’sthemes are excluded from the competition.
Under author permission, the committee could select films submitted to the call for sections out of competition.
b) Only films produced after 1stJanuary 2021 can enter the competition.
c) The request to enter the competition must be submitted on the official form available on the website https://www.solelunadoc.org
d) The call for applications opens on December 1st2022 and closes on March 15th 2023
e) By May 15th2023 the festival will communicate the films selected for the categories in the competition.
f) Projection copies in high definition must be sent on file or to the secretariat: Chiara Maniscalco – Via Gustavo Roccella, 209, 90128, Palermo, Italia. It is necessary to write on the envelope: “For cultural purposes – without commercial value”.
g) The directors, producers, or other rights holders to the works admitted to the Festival, whether in or outside competition, authorize the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival to:
- air on national and international television stations and put on the Internet (YouTube, Vimeo and similar sites) excerpts of a maximum of 3 minutes for the exclusive purpose of promoting the Festival;
- conserve a copy of the work in digital format in its archive and make a trailer or excerpt (max. 3 minutes) of each work available for viewing on the Festival’s web portal
- use the copy of the film for the purposes of study, conservation, and diffusion of knowledge about cinema, always and in any case without any profit
- organize public screenings, in Italy and abroad, for the promotion of the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival, always and in any case without any profit.
The Festival reserves the right to put its logo on and to subtitle the video clips from the works.
h) The directors, producers, or other rights holders to the works authorize the publication of their data on the website: www.solelunadoc.org and in the catalogue of the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival and the sharing of this information with press organizations for promotional reasons, as well as their addition to the mailing list of the Festival according to current legal guidelines.
i) Disclosure: In accordance with the effects of DGL 196/2003 on the processing of personal data, we inform you that the data will be treated in full respect of the law and will not be disseminated or disclosed to third parties. By communicating your email address you consent to the handling of your personal data by external parties, for the sole purpose of receiving information about the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival and its initiatives.
HOW TO ENTER THE FILMS
- The deadline to fill in the entry form is March 15th 2023.
- The entry form must contain a link to watch the film, which can be downloaded for the festival archive.
- The film must be in English or with English subtitles, even if it is an Italian production.
- The registration of the works to the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival entails the free granting of the rights for a single screening during the festival.
- The inclusion of works in the Sole Luna Doc Film Festival is free of charge and implies the complete acceptance of the rules contained in these Regulations.
The winners of the “Sole Luna Doc Film Festival” should mention the award obtained in the credits of their film and in all the relevant documentation.
The subscriber declares that all the submitted information is true and, in case of selection, allows its use for promotional and communication purposes related to the Festival (catalogue, web site, press releases, etc.). By entering the Festival, each individual filmmaker or producer is responsible for the content of his work and explicitly grants an authorisation for the use of musical and visual material submitted, for the use on television news, television broadcasts and in all promotion and communication activities related to the Festival and exclusively for non-profit purposes. Authors, producers, and distributors who submit their films also authorize the festival to screen these films in schools for educational purposes.
All participants, just by sending an entry to the Festival, fully accept these rules, which are integral part of the entry form and are subscribed together with the same.
In case of any legal controversy the competent court will be the Justice Court of Rome: “Tribunale di Roma”.
All personal information will be treated in respect of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent modifications and integrations.
Please read the rules before filling in the entry form