Deadline 27th October – Call for Associazione Sole Luna – Google FellowshipChiara
Call for Associazione Sole Luna – Google Fellowship
Who we are
Associazione Sole Luna – Un ponte tra le culture aims to give life to friendly relationships and cultural exchanges between people. In order to fulfil this purpose, it addresses its activities to young generations. Thinking about mutual knowledge as a natural bridge linking positive values, the association plans its projects taking inspiration from different artistic expressions. Music, cinema, dance, painting, architecture and science have turned into means for a deeper knowledge of the “other”. A particular attention is given to the audiovisual channel, which is an instrument able to show both the near and the far world to the widest and most heterogeneous audience. The main activity of the association is Sole Luna Doc Film Festival which is going to celebrate the 12th anniversary in 2017. During the past ten years the festival grew up and made a name for itself thanks to its showcases that have revealed new talents and promoted independent cinema, but also thanks to the several collateral activities of the Festival that have developed new dialogues between many communities.
Your fellowship at Associazione Sole Luna – Un ponte tra le culture
Associazione Sole Luna– Un ponte tra le culture and Google Italy are partnering for an exciting new fellowship program on hate speech and counterspeech. The aim is to bring together the tech industry and social actors to fight hate speech and to promote counterspeech. You will be a key driver of that process – through research, organization and participation in the meetings, as well as contributing to the resulting report. Your time at Associazione Sole Luna will be dedicated to exploring a number of specific themes relating to the impact of hate speech.
What this means concretely
During the fellowship, you will spend time working at Sole Luna on hate speech and counterspeech online, through:
- drafting and preparation of both internal and external briefing documents and materials
- assisting in the organisation of workshops and trainings, monitoring of daily news sources of relevance
- performing other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
We want to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds so previous experience in our specific field is not a requirement. Activism and social engagement – of any kind – is a strong plus. Our office is multilingual, but à good knowledge of Italian and English is necessary.
- A higher education degree in social science, law, political science, international or EU affairs or other relevant field is desirable but can be compensated by relevant IT and/or non-formal education experience.
- A passion for counterspeech online.
- Quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes.
- An open and avid communicator and a strong team player
- Willingness to live in Rome.
- Ability to formulate analyse documents and monitor processes.
- Excellent writing skills in Italian and English.
- Ability to research, collate, analyse and summarise information.
- Ability to manage effectively your own time, activities and budget.
- Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment.
- Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
What’s in there for you?
As part of the partnership with Google, you will have access to interesting training opportunities offered by the Google Rome Office.
How to apply
To submit your application for this vacancy, please write to [email protected]
Deadline: 27th October 2017
Interviews for this vacancy will be held in August and/or beginning of September. The successful candidate will be expected to start in October.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Associazione Sole Luna – Un ponte tra le culture requires applicants to inform us about any possible conflict of interest.
Associazione Sole Luna – Un ponte tra le culture aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.